Research should and does influence teaching (and vice versa), Teachers who use “research-based strategies” apply sensitivity to context, analytic rigor, and thoughtful skepticism that are the hallmarks of quality research. Teacher can provide extra insight that is current, into the subject. Excellence in teaching and research are NOT mutually exclusive,
Our Research goals are:
- Undertaking world-class research of high-impact to practice and policy in the maritime industry with a specific focus on the maritime human element.
- Commit to research-informed teaching and learning with a strong emphasis on the development of intellectual capital and knowledge exchange.
Based on the very high quality of Research undertaken, our institution bagged the prestigious Seatrade Award 2014 at Dubai for Outstanding contribution to Maritime Education and Training in the region of India, Middle East and Africa.
October 2016 – Release of International Peer-Reviewed Journal edited by Dr S Bhardwaj at the hands of DG Shipping and hand-over of first copy to FOSMA, INSA , MASSA
The IIRE Journal of Maritime Research and Development is conceived to provide a means of publishing and disseminating the results of academic research and scholarship. In doing so it is aimed to serve the following purposes:
- To provide a stamp of quality and be indicative of the fact that the article is worth reading. The blind peer review process by researchers active in the field while being judgmental on quality and standing at one level, is also developmental and provides feedback and advice to authors.
- To partner with the research community and through its selected papers both on empirical and theoretical findings, stimulate debate about particular topics and issues.
- To provide for the indexing and cataloguing of articles for its wider access and use.
- To provide a means of managing intellectual property rights and permissions.
It is widely said that tomorrow’s world belongs to those who create, nurture and own intellectual property. Such an asset though intangible, forms a superior basis for sustaining growth over the long run. This journal aims to be such a repertoire for the international maritime industry.
Dr. Captain Suresh Bhardwaj
Resident Director & Principal, MASSA Maritime Academy, Chennai, INDIA
Dr. Rajoo Balaji
Head, Advanced Marine Engineering Department| Malaysian Maritime Academy (ALAM)
Prof Dr. Purnendu Das
Director, B.E., M.E., Ph.D, C.Eng, CMar.Eng, FRINA, FIStruct.E, FIMarEST
Prof Dr. Bani Ghosh
Department Chair, International Maritime Business, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, USA.
Prof Dr. Margareta Lutzhoft
Deputy Director NCPS, Australian Maritime College,University of Tasmania, AUSTRALIA
Dr. Patrick Routledge
A former Marine Engineer Technical Advisor, Seagull Maritime AS, UK
Dr. Thomas Pawlik
Dean of Studies, Bremer Rhederverein Chair of Maritime Management, GERMANY
Dr. Rajendra Prasad Sinha
Principal Lecturer; M.Tech, PhD (Mechanical Engineering), ALAM, MALAYSIA.
Dr. Poonam Kapoor
Ph.D. in Economics, President and Trustee of Inner Search foundation and Director of ISF Maritime Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, INDIA